Carrot and Vanilla Cookies
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g young carrots
- Vanilla essence
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven) 200C(conventional oven)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Peal and grate the carrots
- Mix the carrot into the butter and sugar along with a few drops of vanilla essence (add extra drops if you want a stronger vanilla flavour)
- Fold the flour and cinnamon into the mixture
- Roll the dough and form small balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray with baking paper making sure the balls are well spaced.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies feel dry and set, but the middles are still soft and slightly puffy.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.