Cherry and Oat Cookies
- 50g butter
- 10g caster sugar
- 40g demerara sugar
- 75g glacé cherries
- 1 egg yolk
- 60g self-raising flour
- 40g rolled oats
- 25g mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp (15ml) milk
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven) 200C(conventional oven
- Cream the butter, caster and demerara sugar together until pale and creamy. Wash the cherries and chop into quarters
- Beat yolk into cream mixture, Stir in the flour, cherries,nuts and oats. Finally add the milk and mix to form a dough.
- Roll the dough and form small balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray with baking paper making sure the balls are well spaced.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies feel dry and set, but the middles are still soft and slightly puffy.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.