Chocolate Chip and Almond Cookies
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g margarine
- 100g flaked almonds
- 75 caster sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- 135ml milk
- 50g plain chocolate chips
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven) 200C(conventional oven)
- Place flour in a bowl and rub in the margarine.
- Chop up the almonds and reserve a few. Stir the chopped almonds into the mixture with sugar.
- Blend the cocoa powder and milk to form a paste and stir this into the mixture to form a dough.
- Roll the dough and form small balls. Add 4-5 chocolate chips inside each ball.
- Place the balls on a baking tray with baking paper making sure the balls are well spaced.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies feel dry and set, but the middles are still soft and slightly puffy.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.