Ginger Fairings Cookies
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15g) ground ginger
- 100g Butter
- 75 caster sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 1/2 egg
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven) 200C(conventional oven
- Sieve flour, baking powder and ginger into bowl. Stir n sugar
- Melt butter and syrup and add to the flour with the egg. Mix to until a stiff paste is formed. Leave to cool slightly
- Roll the paste and form small balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray with baking paper making sure the balls are well spaced.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies feel dry and set, but the middles are still soft and slightly puffy.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.